Internet Explorer 7
Notes on Testing
- The themes used in these screenshots are:
- I tested with the force IE7’s menu bar to the top registry tweak.
- History and Favourites items are from genuine browsing of the web.
- Explorer Bar:
- Overlaps the status bar.
- Offsets status bar text.
- Moves menu bar below address bar despite registry tweak.
- Right-clicking anywhere on the toolbar, except for text input areas, displays the control box menu for the main window. It should display the appropriate context menu.
- Properties sheets for items in Favourites menu are shown behind main window. Great when it’s maximised!
- There is no English localisation other than
en-US. The interface prominently features words which are different in, for example,
en-GB. This is consistent with the Windows XP operating system.
- Scrollbars around the viewport do not change to the
SCRBS_HOT state when hovered over.
- Context menu for selected text in a web page has no Edit items.
- Middle-click does nothing on:
- Items in the Favourites menu.
- Drag and drop:
- Dropping a Favourites item on the tab bar opens it in the active tab. Should open it in a new tab.
- Dropping a Favourites item on a tab other than the active tab opens it in the active tab. Should open it in the tab it was dropped on.
- Firefox lets you drag pretty much anything and drop it pretty much anywhere, usually doing something useful. Not so in IE7 (or Opera 9, for that matter).
- When windows are resizable, they usually lack:
- Sizing grip.
- Control box.
- Minimise button.
- Maximise/Restore button.
- Windows are often fixed in size instead of resizeable.
- Windows are often modal instead of modeless.