Various Cycling Updates (30th November 2012)
Ordered Cateye Strada Wireless (Pink) cycle computer for Fiona.
Marlboro Mirage (Blue Racer)
- Fiona navigated us perfectly to Micycle but they didn’t have freewheel tool.
- Evening trip to Sargent & Co to enquire about freewheel.
- Too late in evening to get the work done.
- Went back next morning, as arranged.
- Found a tool to remove the freewheel – was even more obscure than first thought.
- Bicycle is probably a cheap 1970’s import from Taiwan, re-branded for European market.
- Encouraged shop assistant who had been making websites as a hobby (and more recently as an intern) to try it as a career.
- Ordered Pitlock quick release skewer replacements.
- Cycle security marking and registration.
- Free maintenance: Check over, both tyres inflated to 110psi, rear deraileur mechanism adjusted, rear brake adjusted, stem bolts tightened.
- Exchanging Places initiative where I sat in a truck cabin and tried to see instructors. The blind spots extended much further than I imagined, even with tall police officers on fairly upright bicycles!
- Ordered Kryptonite D-lock.