New Cycling Routes (11th August 2007)
Decided to explore the nearby woods some more. Found a varied and demanding route which takes about 3 minutes to cycle at a medium pace. Pushing hard I managed it in about 2 minutes 45 seconds. It features:
- A long downhill section with smooth and root-covered sections.
- A fast berm.
- A tricky crest.
- 2 ditch crossings.
- A short, bumpy tarmac path.
- 2 very root-covered obstacles.
- Narrow root-covered path alongside a ditch. Requires a lot of accuracy!
- A short, uphill dirt shortcut which becomes very steep at the end.
- A downhill tarmac portion.
- A hairpin dirt turn with a berm on the exit.
The start/finish area is where 4 paths meet at a triangle. The tarmac route with, dirt shortcut and another path can be combined with this triangle, creating very technical short routes. It’s like Tsukuba for mountain bikes!