Jailbreak Idea for GTA2 (13th June 2010)
Players must escape across the border from a maximum-security prison in an American desert. Just an idea for now. The more I scribbled ideas and plans for it while watching Le Mans 24 Hours, the more I wanted to make it!
There’s an island prison in the South-West of Residential District (2nd level, uses the
ste.* files). Being arrested, becoming an inmate, then starting a riot to escape it is a memorable single-player mission. Could that be translated to multiplayer?
Jailbreak Preview is my exploration of this, with help from other modders.
General Sequence of Stages
- Prison cells (start point and respawn points).
- Police armoury to get weapons.
- Areas for exercise, eating and entertainment.
- Breach inner walls.
- Army garrison is alerted.
- Breach outer walls via controls in army garrison.
- Police, FBI and Army at outer gates.
- Desert roads towards border with FBI wanted level of 5, high and low routes.
- Desert café, maybe an old mining village.
- Heavily defended border gates.
- Safehouse with all players together ends the level.
Will Probably use
ste.sty textures for the Redneck area (shown below) and Prison (shown above):
- Pistol in Police weapon lockers.
- Armour and Shotgun in Police armoury.
- Molotov Cocktails in storeroom or kitchen.
- Fast Reload from a gun dealer or something.
- Get Out Of Jail Free Card somewhere, to speed things up after respawning.
- Instant Gang from exercise areas. (Coded so they don’t shoot other players.)
- Rocket Launcher and Flamethrower from Army garrison.
- Health in medical centre.
- Health in a desert café or something.
- Vehicle weapons in a little desert village or something.
- Cop Bribe in a remote part of the desert, or after a stunt.
- Steal weapons by killing law enforcement officers.
- Western by Kamil.
- Trailer park area in Illspirit’s multiplayer level.
- Redneck’s area and Prison in Residential District. (Done, shown above.)
- Northern desert from GTA San Andreas.