Uphold the Law for GTA 1
This map has revolutionary missions - you play as a police officer! Originally done in a dated mod called "Sun Fransisco 2" by Roland, I take the concept to the furthest heights my modern coding techiniques can take it.
- Five completed missions with three more planned.
- Engage in hi-speed pursuits with top-class car theives.
- Hollywood style storyline with personal tragedy that makes your department more vengeful.
- Stop a hostage situation at the freeway diner.
- Totally overhauled handling.
- New car sounds.
- Full-size map.
- Distinct districts with industrial, commercial, dockland, suburbia and a Chinatown defended by Yakuza gangs.
This level is a natural progression from City in Crisis, with deeper storylines and more difficulty in the missions. This level is unlikely to get its last 3 missions done because the 5 that are done took a long time and became very good! I regard this as being on the brink of becoming a masterpiece, it is just that I moved on to the later editions of GTA.
Begun on 22nd February 2001, work ended on 20th December 2002.