TRON: Light Cycles in GTA2 (1st December 2011)
Some years ago I used paper to scribble notes. Brainstorming ideas, diagrams, jotting down bugs and suggestions when testing with other players from around the world. Now I do everything as drafts in my e-mail inbox.
Here’s a snapshot of my digital scribblings about the TRON: Light Cycles mod I’m making. (They are actually written in ASCII but reformatted here into HTML)
TRON: Light Cycles
- Do gameplay before graphics
- Player start points:
- Bike 4 is 1 cube too far East, along with its weapons?
- Keep as it is now, at the tall tower.
- Each bike gets one helping of guns and mines.
- Player respawn points:
- 2 bikes at starting tower.
- 3 bikes along North-West wall.
- 3 bikes in North-East corner.
- Create bikes 1 block above ground to avoid getting stuck in wrecks.
- No special code for now, just make lots of bikes.
- Steep, wide ramps lead into arena.
- Respawns are 1 level higher than that?
- Give each player 3 rockets when they respawn?
- Give powerups for VMG, Mines and Double Damage.
- Prevent them being moved until a player enters (collide, char, object).
- Fast Reload on water in maze.
- Fast Reload on narrow bridge in North-East.
- Extend the maze, towards NE?
- Open up some areas, NW?
- Powerups lead the traffic.
- Dusk lighting.
- Don’t make any bigger.
- Copy and Paste some scenery to go outside of the arena.
- Re-texture the cliffs and trees from Army Base?
- Dark towers in the ocean around South of arena.
Test in Zooka Arena (Done)
- Start as a private test.
- Schmidt becomes light cycle!
- Heavy, limited braking.
- Handbrake gives fast turn.
- Vehicle Machine Gun.
- Mines (with auto-clearance code snippet).
- Good balance of open and closed areas.
- Rather compact.
- Respawn on buildings would be better (
- Car performs differently in expected ways.
- Armed Land Roamer is for planes, with
TANKon top for 2nd player.