TextStudio 0.0.591 Changelog
2007-07-23: Nearly two months of development and lots of big changes. Reduced EXE size by over 100kB, introduced Find/Replace panel, lots of interface enhancements and bug fixes.
Needs a better keyboard handler. That will make it a version 0.1 application.
- Listboxes now have
Falseto make vertical spacing between controls consistent.
- Tidier border logic for all controls, including the file view.
- Moved File > Save All to File > Save and File > Save As group.
- Renamed Window > Arrange Minimised Icons to Window > Arrange Icons for consistency with Microsoft programs.
- XP theming manifest is now compiled into EXE and no longer a separate file.
Moving between files
- Ctrl+number now activates the file in that position:
- Ctrl+0 activates the last available file.
- If the number is too large, it activates the last available file.
- These shortcuts are displayed in the Window menu.
- Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+F6 now cycle forward by position, not history.
- Shift+Ctrl+Tab and Shift+Ctrl+F6 now cycle backward by position, not history.
- All of this works when focus is in the Find/Replace panel.
Edit > Go To
- Reduced default width.
- Vertically aligned labels, text boxes and buttons.
- Rewrote validation code using API calls (very fast).
- Rewrote the code which moves cursor to specified location (very fast).
Edit > Find/Replace
- Hid the search option checkboxes. Added an Options button as their future replacement.
- Aligned the controls better.
- Ctrl+F acts as a toggle:
- If the panel is not visible, display it.
- If the panel is visible and has focus, hide it.
- If the panel is visible and without focus, give it focus.
- Mnemonic keys (Alt+underlined letter) now avoid conflicts with menus:
- Find, textbox.
- Replace, textbox.
- Find Next, button.
- Find Previous, button.
- Replace, button.
- Replace All, button.
- Apply To, button.
- Options, disabled button.
- Esc cancels the panel when it has focus.
- F6 Switches from Find/Replace panel to active file, if there is one.
- Find text is read at startup and saved on exit.
- Replace text is read at startup and saved on exit.
Enabling and disabling of controls
- Find and Replace text boxes are always enabled.
- Buttons which are only enabled if there is some text to search for:
- Find Next
- Find Previous
- Replace All
- Apply To is only disabled when no files are open.
- Options is currently disabled.
- Find Next:
- F3 does this, even when panel is hidden
- Find Previous:
- Shift+F3 does this, even when panel is hidden.
- Replace All:
- Can only do case-sensitive replacements at the moment.
- Apply To now displays the
- Displays it modelessly. The old system displayed it modally.
- Apply To window now updates on
Form_Activate()to allow modeless display.
- Options is not yet functional.
Filesize panel tries to match Windows Explorer, except:
- Uses correct abbreviations for units.
- Rounding happens at slightly different boundaries.
- Sort list checkbox from Save/Close Many window.
- Horizontal scrollbar from file windows.
Old Find and Replace
- All their shared functions, like
- All the main window code.
- They are replaced by the new Find/Replace panel with new shared functions.
- Edit > Find
- Edit > Find Next
- Edit > Replace
- Format > Word Wrap toggle.
- Window > Sort by Filename
- Window > Restore Natural Order
- Renamed Format > List HTML > Automatic to Format > List HTML > Automatic Definition List.
- Format > List HTML > Automatic Definition List now wraps the selection in definition list tags.
- Format > Inline HTML > Citation now strips speechmarks and quote marks.
- Closing last file now clears main window caption.
- File > Recent Files > All Recent Files now updates main window caption correctly.
- Window > Ssave/Close Many [sic] renamed to Window > All Windows.
- Ctrl+E no longer displays font preferences dialog.
- Bottom border for maximised files is now drawn when Find/Replace panel is displayed but statusbar is hidden.
- Commented out all calls to
WM_SETREDRAW. Redraw is not enabling after being disabled.
- Context menu Close now closes correct file.
- Context menu now enables Save correctly when right-clicking a file which is unsaved.
- When first displayed, statusbar no longer says 0 items selected.
- Now resizes correctly when Find/Replace panel becomes hidden.
- Item clickable area now fills sidebar width and avoids clipping paths.
- Deleting text in a file now updates the file size panel correctly.
- Statusbar text now says File closed. when a file is closed.
- Filesize now uses closest unit.
- Filesize no longer adds .00 after the number when unit is bytes.
- When defining a new expansion, only the new entry is now saved to dictionary. Much more perfomant than resaving the entire dictionary each time!
- No longer crashes when doing Format > To Title Case on selected text which starts or ends with a space.
- Last byte no longer removed from block-level formatting.
- Fixed the newline handling for many Format actions.