Firefox’s friendly feedback system is a welcoming way to send day-to-day comments on the delights and dreads of testing beta 11.
There&rsqou;s no “my feedback” database, not even within the local UI for Firefox. Quickly, I realised my messages were quite prominent by setting the filter on the public interface to English (British). Mine are the correctly punctuated ones.
- Google Maps in London, UK, draws the Tube lines way faster than Firefox 2 did on this 10-year-old PC.
- I was able to import all my Firefox 2 bookmarks. I upgraded from Firefox 18.104.22.168 to Firefox 4 beta 11.
- Cursor doesn&rsqou;t show the “working in background” hourglass. That shows immediate feedback to an operation, without scanning the whole screen.
- New title bar is showing in addition to the normal XP title bar. No tabs are in either bar; they are below Menu like Firefox 2 was.
- Address bar often gets out of sync with the page I&rsqou;m on. Or even shows the URL for a whole different tab! (Especially after typing a URL.)
- The tabs don&rsqou;t look like Windows XP tabs, when using Windows XP. Firefox 1.5 was the last version to get that right, IIRC.
- After using Customise for any toolbar and clicking Done, Menu Bar remains disabled until Firefox is restarted.