February 2014 in the Life of Ben (Blog)
Home Fitness & Stir Fry (20th February 2014)
For the stir fry, we follow the normal regime and recipe.
The fitness aspect is roughly noted below. (Revised in August 2015.)
5 each, repeat 3 times.
- Rowing motion with arms only
- Reaching up and down
- Shaking arms back and forth
- Raise knees towards chest
- Raise foot to opposite hand
- Slide foot backwards and raise it behind
- Shoulder rolls forward
- Shoulder rolls backward
- Elbow rolls inward
- Elbow rolls outward
- Wrist rolls inward
- Wrist rolls outward
- Head roll (gently one way then the other counts as 2)
- Light jogging
- Jumps with hands forward
- Jog with high knees
- Jog with feet behind
- Light stepping from side to side
Warm Up End
Start at 10 reps, do one less each time. 20 minutes limit. (Or start at 5 reps with 10 minutes limit.)
- V-sit (one leg at a time, 1 rep both legs)
Hold each 5-10 seconds. Gently shake out between each.
- Crouch down to one foot (on tip-toe) with other leg straight out to the side, one side then the other
- Legs shoulder width apart and bend towards floor
- Legs double shoulder width apart, touch opposite ankle, one then the other
- Arm across body, one then the other
- Arm behind head, one then the other
Valentine’s Day at Busaba (15th February 2014)
- Fiona had fantastic Cod instead of her usual Pad Thai
- I had fantastic rib eye
- Side of wonderful calamari
- Side of yummy Chinese broccoli
- £24 each but delicious!
GT6 Goodwood Festival of Speed (6th February 2014)
After my wonderful early impressions of GT6, the special events within it are proving to be a whole new delight!
Specific highlight from the Goodwwod Festival of Speed tribute was invite 3, race 1. This is referred to as 3-1 and features the Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car from 1986.
Fantastic and historic experience! The writing style in the letters is also marvelous and authentic.
GT6 is Great! (5th February 2014)
- Seeing my PSN friends’ best license test runs in real-time while I do the licenses!
- The cars you win are well chosen
- Anniversary Pack extras were easy to get via the in-game menus
- Precision Pack with my purchase was just as easy to get, the code was in the e-mail from seller
- The feeling of the tyres is finally organic and rewards achievable finesse