HDMI Rocks (11th September 2012)
I am convinced that digital video signals are visibly better than VGA.
- Text is finer and clearer.
- Detail in very dark colours is sharper. (iPlayer backgrounds and TRON: Legacy desktop wallpaper.)
- Edges are sharper.
- Had to change colour profile as it was massively skewed towards teal! Think this is why I gave up last time I tried it.
- Sound now goes to screen via HDMI then comes out through stereo Audio out to 2.1 speakers.
- Headphones still plug into left of laptop.
- To switch audio output: Right-click “Volume Control”, Playback devices, right-click wanted device, Set as default device.
Another handy thing is I only plug/unplug a single cable for audio and video now. Before, I had a VGA lead and a stereo jack to contend with.
My headphones can remain plugged in all the time now that I’ve discovered the Playback devices area. It’s worked out very neat.