Laptop: Desk Arrangements (28th November 2011)
While working out some equipment arrangements in Fireworks, I started to think outside the box.
- Freeview is now on the desk, to my left.
- Left hi-fi speaker is on top of it.
- Wireless router is on old PC, to the left of the desk.
- Laptop is centre front of desk.
- 24″ screen is on a very thick book, centre rear of desk.
- Old keyboard is currently on the right of desk.
- Mouse is on right of laptop, plugged into screen.
- USB uplink is now from laptop to screen.
- VGA lead from screen alternates is still mostly for old PC.
- VGA lead is sometimes connected to laptop to create a stacked dual-screen arrangement.
This is feeling pretty good.
Laptop Connected to Speakers
Used a normal stereo lead to connect the laptop to my subwoofer. Went to the Start Menu and typed Sound which produced quite a few results. Works fine, although maybe a bit more interfeerence from the scattering of other devices. A very faint hint of static in the output itself.
Clicked on Change system sounds so I could set the Sound Scheme to No Sounds. Windows 7 has nice system sounds, just like XP’s were. (At first. I’m pre-empting the novelty wearing off.)
I also unticked the Play Windows Startup sound on that tab.
While in this Sound window, I clicked the Playback tab and had a nice experience setting up the nature of the speakers. It already seemed to know what they are. Most likely a case of sensible defaults rather than it somehow detecting what they were.
Dell Inspiron Laptop Entries
- Received It!
- File Transfers with USB Stick
- Full Administrator Account!
- Installing Firefox
- Installing Games
- Reducing Processes
- WiFi Gaming
- Backups, Old & New
- Desk Arrangements
- Migrating Music
- Mobile Phone Archive
- Web Developer Setup
- Putting Old PC Out To Pasture
- Stopping the Magical Edges
- Disk Cleanup
- FTPuse Integrates Seamlessly
- Laptop Performance
- Recovered 15 Years of Data