Domestic Productivity (12th November 2011)
Running a household involves lots and lots of small tasks, with the occassional large task. It’s too much to keep in my head, so I write lists. Here are the lists I currently have. (Keeping a list of recently completed tasks is where the satisfaction comes from!)
- Polish shoes
- Adjust wobbly bicycle bearings
- Blog photos
- Broadband Speed November 2011
- Grocery shopping
- Take out rubbish, compost and recycling
- Finances with Ed; become limited company?
- Sell Car-Car after cleaning
- Do more washing up!
- Take out rubbish and recycling.
- E-mail inbox.
- Update my address in relevant systems.
- Try out demos of Perch/Expression engine
- Teach Ben to create paths and warp graphics around them
- Sell old Mac Mini
- Alternative quotes for home insurance/iphone insurance
- Professional Indemnity insurance?
- Get handyman quotes for rtm jobs ie front door & repainting of window sills
- Design company business cards
- Trip to Ikea for shoe boxes and shelving
- Take back Isolde costumes
- Book shelf above plant and guitar – sizes on flat plan
- Defrost Freezer
- Telescopic ladder for loft
- Mend loft door
- Hang pictures/notice board
- Fix toilet roll holder to bathroom wall (masonry drill?)
- Paint outside window sills
- Replace windows?
- File receipts
- Scan timesheet
- Send timesheet
- Catch up with web platform
- Collect expenses
- Fill in expenses form
- Send expense receipts
- Bathroom drain mechanism
- Swap PC around
- Road bicycle
- 1920x1200 PC screen – go to shops and look at them
- Bought new 24″ 1920×1200 PC screen for £310.
- Take out rubbish.
- Finish cleaning windows (although a bit streaky)
- Hang Saul Bass poster
- Sand down wardrobe door
- Clean windows (prob need to get window cleaner)
- Shower temperature?
- Lots of washing up!
- Shoe storage options. Possibly wardrobe handing and/or back of wardrobe door
- Cleaned bathroom – try bleach on mildew around bath
- Council tax
- Take bags of tapes to recycling centre
- Freecycle scanner, headphones
- Ethic Estonia site reply
- Nice thing site costings
- Clean top of kitchen units
- Move bed