London Job Ended (5th August 2011)
Almost exactly 2 years since I started making websites in an agency, I had my last day. The card was signed by many people. I received a little speech from the MD an gave a little speech. Two other people were leaving and experienced the ritutal before I wrapped things up.
- 20 stroopwafels in 2-packs, from Starbucks.
- Gourmet hot chocolate in a tin with a ribbon.
- “A scatter of marsh mallows” as described on the cylinder.
- Mug featuring Brains from Thunderbirds as I was their rarely-seen boffin.
- Alarm clock (as I’m so often late to the office) featuring Pac Man.
- A large Toblerone for myself as I nabbed the last piece someone was sharing a few days earlier.
To mark the occassion I returned to Fleet and caught up with the folks for a couple of days.
Tried to play football with Zoe at the local park but there were intermittent torrential downpours. When we had almost returned to the house I realised I had an umbrella. This useful fact had completely slipped my mind as I had never previously used an umbrella in Hampshire.
Mum made an outstanding roast pork dinner, as ever. It’s worth going back just for that!
After my return I duely (or perhaps overduely!) updated Site Surgeon. Have re-engaged with my former networks and joined a handful of London recruitment agencies. Had lots of contact back from some of them. Monday 22nd August 2011 might be when I return to freelancing. This time it seems more likely to be getting embedded within companies, on their premises. Before that I used to freelance from home.