Mothers’ Day Eating & Driving (14th March 2010)
- Drove to Zoe’s new place in Ash Vale to collect her. A mild, giggling panic to clear some fizzy drink she spilt whilst getting in. It hasn’t stained.
- Drove us to Tesco in Aldershot for last-minute Mothers’ Day shopping. Found some Daffodils and adorable butterfly wrapping paper.
- Drove back to where I live, at home with mum and dad. (That might be changing, though.)
- Replied about viewing a flat next week. (See what I mean? Exciting times!)
- Drove the family to The Hatchgate.
- I had the 8oz burger with cheese, bacon and tomato. Comes with a small but flavoursome salad and a bowl of chips. Shared the chips but polished off all the rest of it by myself! So soft and just the right temperature...delicious.
- For dessert I had the Sticky Toffee Pudding, after considering the Chocolate Fudge Cake. I remembered enjoying one of them before and, upon the first bite, quickly confirmed it was the Sticky Toffee Pudding.
- Drove back to Ash Vale so Zoe could stop at some shops.
- Turn around and dropped her off at home, saving her location into my car’s SatNav. (Dad’s given me his previous TomTom. I’ll migrate to that…somewhen. It’s super-intuitive.)
- Drove mum and dad back home.
Mum was able to chill out for most of the day, as it should be. We went and squeaked at the Guinea Pigs. There is now a huge herd of babies!
Incidentally, the concrete slabs of the patio and path were replaced by off-the-shelf bluish dappled paving a week or so before this.