Backup of Important Files (20th March 2010)
Decided not to socialise on Friday night this week, instead coming home for a somewhat early night. This allowed me a nice long sleep deep into Saturday morning followed by a slow breakfast. Lovely. The rest of the day was ahead of me.
- Published some new letters for Calthorpe Park School.
- Used Sage within Firefox 2 to catch up on feeds, forums and suchlike.
- Started remodelling and retexturing the East of Tiny Tiny Town Arena.
- Had pizza as a family lunch.
- Wrote a couple of e-mails.
- Defragmented the hard drive.
- Had dinner.
- Watched some TV.
- Compacted messages from Outlook. (Ideally would have done this before defragmenting but the message only popped up afterwards!)
- Went back to PC.
At about 6:45pm I remembered I’d been meaning to do a backup for ages. Found the power lead for the external hard drive and by 7pm was transferring files. Somehow it seemed like a perfect time to fit this errand in, as my weekend looked nice and clear.
Folders Copied to External Hard Drive
- Everything in Documents and Settings for:
- The local versions of all my websites, including any local backups and all related documents:
- Calthorpe Park School
- Site Surgeon
- Project Cerbera
- Everything in my Apps folder. (These are applications I have written or collaborated on.)
- All my e-mails and attachments from Outlook Express. (Heading towards 2GB!)