Capital City by Z-Men (25th February 2010)
I’ve just been flying around Capital City. It’s listed near the end of the GTAMP
!maps list. An oldie but a real goodie, with superb detail throughout the entire square kilometer of terrain. Lantyz and Heri can also match this quality, now I think about it, but in much smaller levels.
- The street lights are spaced properly and alternate sides.
- Bus stops and drains distributed logically around roads and pavements.
- Light sources are placed exactly on the light fixtures.
- Really creative use of textures
- Uses the
wil.stygraphics, which modders rarely choose even though it has some great stuff
- The detail of the windows, rooves and surface edges are impeccable.
- Overhead cables.
- Railway system with varied railway station designs.
- Lots of rooftop exploration, with stairs and foot jumps.
Big levels usually play quite badly in multiplayer. Especially with so many areas that are tucked away. For single player, it’s an absolute masterclass of map-making ability. I’m blown away. It’s amazing. Totally on a par with the original levels.
TradeMark’s GTA 2 Map Editor
After about a year of anticipation, there is a public release of his OpenGL map editor! The greatest features are:
- Full colour rendering.
- Unlimited draw distance.
- Supports all slope types, transparency and filters.
The screenshots in this entry were taken using his editor. Even if it stays as a screenshot tool, it’s epic eye-candy to finally see the original and custom levels this way!