2 Days of Work (31st July 2009)
After taking the plunge and accepting a position in London, I have experienced a rollercoaster of emotions:
- Glee of co-workers’ cheeky exchanges.
- Frustration at the archaic timesheet intranet application.
- Occassional private freak-outs at being amongst people.
- Relief at already making about 5 useful contributions to the company.
- A slowly-but-surely restoring faith in human nature.
About the last point: I needed change for a bus ticket. Several people stopped to help break a £10 note into a pair of £5 and eventually into coins.
Next week I’ll ask if I can name the company.