Family Day at the Seaside (9th April 2009)
Went to Boscombe beach with my parents.
The roads got really steep in the town as we got near to the seaside. So steep I was expecting hairpin turns and a pituresque gorge to suddenly appear. With BBC 2 motoring journalists zooming around in exotic supercars.
The local rotary club’s quarter marathon was being run. The finish line was just below the carpark.
We packed all 3 bicycles into the back of dad’s Ford Ranger Wildtrack. Stacked them on top of each other, all the handlebars down the cab end but alternating which side they went.
- Had a bacon buttie with hot chocolate from a food trailer near Boscome Pier.
- Rode along the promanade. The direction they weren’t running along.
- Had a mint chocolate chip ice cream. (2 scoops without even asking. Had to ask for a flake.)
- Rode a long and narrow path which stopped at a high bridge overlooking a public field where some kind of fâyte was taking place.
- Had a lovely meal at a restaurant whose name I can’t remember.
- Used my ancient phone to browse my website, eating a couple of mouthfuls during page loads and between paragraphs.
Overall, it was simply a lovely day out.