Hengistbry Head (28th September 2008)
Mum, Dad, Zoe and I spent just about the whole day:
- strolling around the beach;
- riding vintage diesel-power boats;
- riding in a similarly quaint road train;
- strolled, jogged and joked along around on the beach;
- successfully skimmed stones a short distance across the English Channel;
- ate seaside food and refreshments;
- took in the sea air;
- and got baked without burning under bright sunshine.
The journey down there is quite long. Dad’s recently purchased Ford Ranger has the Wildtrack trim level with an after-market load box. The long journey was entirely bearable in the back. More legspace than his previous truck, the Nissan Navara. But you do need a rolled-up towel to soften the door armrests, which have very hard plastic on the handle part.
Zoe’s life has been pretty dramatic recently and mine has been pretty boring. I think everyone enjoyed having a day out.