Running with Fliss (9th July 2007)
Fliss has applied to join the Army as a medic! She’ll have to run a mile and a half in 11 minutes or under to be accepted, so we did a bit of informal training together.
- Phoned ahead.
- Fliss announced joining Army.
- Arrived at 19:00.
- Went to park.
- Jogged back and forth along one edge.
- I sprinted it in 44 seconds. Was knackered after that!
- Fliss drew a labelled diagram with instructions for using their microwave oven. Why are these things never usable?
- I cooked dinner which was chicken pie and vegetables.
- Watched TV for a while.
- Went to sleep about 03:00.
- Slept in until 2pm.
- Worms Armageddon patch (v18.104.22.168 Beta Update) worked on the Sold Out Software version I bought for her Birthday.
- Went jogging and came home.
- Didn’t have any meals left so we walked to McDonald’s. We each had a quarter pounder with cheese and large fries, with strawberry milkshakes. Ate them on the bench by the railway. Actually tasted nice (worrying) and wasn’t greasy (comforting).
- Got back and Live Earth was on BBC1. Watched Foo Figters, Metallica, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Keane and various other acts.
- Went to bed at 02:30.
- Woke up at 12:30.
- Made my breakfast and gently woke Fliss up, who was sound asleep.
- Played Worms Armageddon some more. Fliss won by 2 rounds to 1. Lots of giggling!
- Played Buldur’s Gate 2. It’s like a slicker and larger interpretation of the old one in a bigger and more detailed environment. A bit like GTA 2 compared with GTA 1.
- Scrappy got told off by me for the first time. He was making a load of racket by clawing at a cardboard box and pushing newspapers onto the floor.
- Asked Fliss to go out with me. She said no but kissed me on the cheek.