Emotional Long Weekend with Fliss (8th May 2007)
From 2007-05-04 to 2007-05-07 I was staying with Fliss at her mum’s house. We went outside for hours at a time nearly every day and talked at great length about life, work, people and painful memories. Some tears were shed but also a lot of laughs were had. A very memorable visit.
Things which happened:
- Played fetch with Scrappy using his rubber cone toy.
- Late evening picnic on the field looking up at the monastery.
- Came back via new, unexplored route. Very windy.
- Frisbee and passing football.
- Lost the top of my drinks bottle on the playing field. Retraced my steps and actually found it!
- Picnic near brook.
- Shoe Put (as opposed to Shot Put).
- Animal noises.
- Bought a new drinks bottle (one litre mineral water bottle, same as old one).
- Brookwood Cemetery.
- Minute’s silence.
- Caught last train back.
- Argument about Fliss listening to me.
- Opened up to each other.
- Shared painful memories and what we admire about each other.
- Decided to stay another day.
- Played charades.
- Played tug of war and fetch with Scrappy using his chewing rope.
- Fliss made me cocktail sausages and baked beans.
- Remembered to check if my parents had arrived just as they called Fliss, telling us they were waiting outside!
Hopefully these notes will be enough to remind me what an enriching and uplifting experience this visit was.