Projects Progress (23rd August 2004)
I have been working on various city projects for GTA now. As I have done so much since the last article, I will just give a summary of where each thing I am working on is currently at:-
- I volunteered to comment all the GTA 1 missions from Vice City so that this project could authentically recreate the original missions from GTA 1. This has been going faster than I expected but it is hard going all the same. The topic linked to is where Delfi first made the proposition but I hope and expect for the project to be given its own area at the forums. When that happens I will be sure to announce it here with a link to it.
- MultiSlayer v4
- Currently working through some technical barriers to do with adding zones for traffic lights, restart locations, bus stops and such things which is what that topic contains. When I actually release version 4 I will make an announcement here and it will be available from the MultiSlayer page of this site. I have gotten into doing mission script work for it, so expect all those cars and powerups not quite positioned right to be fixed. I am also re-lighting it from scratch so that version 4 will be able to be played in Dusk mode with low gamma level for really atmospheric gaming!
- Myriad Handling
- With restricted computer time the fears I voiced at the start of not being able to spend much time on this have come true. The page linked to is the one I made on this site. I will package a release version which has the current handling.cfg I am using which is highly incomplete but well commented. It is still more complete than many of the cars are!
- New GTA Vice City Vehicles Handling
- I still have not had the list from Sin5k4 of which of his cars I have done handling for and where they are hosted. Without that list I can not shift the load of cars by him that are sitting in my Workshop. I have not had a response from any of the other authors who I have contacted either. Once I get the list from sin5k4 I will put all other projects on hold until that Workshop is not so overcrowded!
- The team I had for this project seems to have evaporated. Dup still has not done the motorway signs for the past couple of months despite continually promising he will. Jcab42 seems to have been abducted by aliens and he is the only one with the most recent model files. Viperman has started making a secret series of underground tunnels beneath Scotland and Scandinavia in order to escape his responsibility for making the new intersections…